Because my job has been kind of kicking my ass lately I’ve been slacking on the posts. I’m sorry! Getting used to working a 10 hour shift and then almost breaking your ankle takes a lot out of a girl. ANYWAY. Today is the start of the ContemporaryAThon hosted by Chelsea over at ChelseaDollingReads and Julie from Pages and Pens. The main goal is just to read as many contemporary books as possible, but there are a few challenges if want to aim for those. The readathon goes from November 13 to November 19. Since doubling up is allowed, I’ve picked separate books for each category but most of them can fit multiple categories if need be.
1. Read the most recent contemporary book you purchased/acquired – Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
2. Read an adult contemporary – The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
3. Read a contemporary that has characters on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum – Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Abertalli
4. Read a contemporary that is 5 years old or older – Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
5. Read a contemporary that (to the best of your knowledge) is NOT set during the summer – Done Dirt Cheap by Sarah Nicole Lemon
6. Read a dark/taboo contemporary – The Art of Starving by Sam J. Miller
7. Buddy read a book with someone OR read the group book! – The group book is Like Water by Rebecca Podos but I’m not sure if I’ll get this one from the library in time and I don’t really have anyone to buddy read stuff with (although if anyone is reading anything I’m reading, and wants to buddy read, let me know. I swear I’m friendly!)
Welp, there’s my list. Let’s see how well I do!