Even though I struggle to get through books in the fall and winter due to not always feeling well, there are a few titles I’m excitedly awaiting.
- Forest Dark by Nicole Krauss. I don’t have words for how excited I am about this book. History of Love is one of my favorite books ever. I’m just hoping that either the bookstore in my local airport or the one in Orlando has it because I am going to Disney World the day that this is released.
- The Living Infinite by Chantel Acevedo. This historical fiction novel is about a rebellious princess, the Chicago World’s Fair, and a visit to revolutionary Cuba. What’s not to like?
- Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan. I imagine after the success and acclaim of A Visit from the Goon Squad, this will be on all the must read lists and I can’t say that I blame anyone. I am always interested in books on The Great Depression as I grew up listening to stories from my grandmother about her childhood.
- We Were Eight Years in Power by Ta-Nehisi Coates. Coates is one of my favorite essayists and I loved Beyond the World and Me so much. I bought multiple copies and shipped them to friends who I felt needed to read it (and then felt slighted when they didn’t respond about whether or not they loved it, naturally). I’ll be picking this up on audio for sure.
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. Despite the unending amount of shit I get for being a John Green fangirl, I steadfastly remain a John Green fangirl. I preordered this as soon as it was announced and I absolutely cannot wait for this teenage detective story with a neuroatypical heroine.
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
- They Both die at the End by Adam Silvera
- A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal Sutherland
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Remember Me Always by Renee Collins
- Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
- This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis
- Bonfire by Krysten Ritter
- Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi
- Artemis by Andy Weir
All I can say is with a list like this, I am hoping for some serious bookstore gift cards for the holidays!